How to Create a Custom Background
for Your Twitter Account
1) Your Twitter background should be consistent with your companyís brand. It should communicate who you are and what your followers can expect from your tweets.
2) The dimensions of your background will be determined by the userís monitor. In order to ensure your background will not be cut off, your image should be 1680 x 1200 pixels.
3) The image resolution should be 72 dpi and the file size should not exceed 800 KB.
(Note: Twitter aligns the background image to the top left.) Therefore, it is necessary to display your main content to the far left.
4) Your Twitter background should feature your companyís logo and complimentary colors. It is very important not to clutter your background with too much information. You want your followers to have a pleasant user experience and be able to read your tweets.
5) To add a custom background, go to Settings (in the upper right), Design (see tool bar under site settings), Change background image (near bottom of the screen), Browse (upload background image) and Save Changes.